Supporting the Wake Tech Foundation's
Fostering Bright Futures Youth Program
Course Records - Scott North Wake Campus
Set a NEW course record & win a $10 gift code!
5K - Male: n/a 10K - Male: n/a
5K - Female: n/a 10K - Female: n/a
RUN, WALK, ROLL, OR STROLL!
Help us get to 500 participants (in-person or virtual 5K and 10K) and we will give ONE MALE and ONE FEMALE participant a FREE YEAR of Fit & Able-owned races! That's a FREE entry of your choice to each Fit & Able race - a nearly $1,000 VALUE!
* Must be registered in the in-person or virtual 5K or 10K to be eligible to win. Random drawing after the in-person race.
Fit & Able invites you to be part of the 6th running of Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures to support the Wake Tech Foundation's Fostering Bright Futures program at the North Scott Wake Tech campus. Race either a 5K, 10K, or Fun Mile race around a beautiful campus and support a great cause.
The Fostering Bright Futures (FBF) program is a student success program that addresses the overwhelming need for a comprehensive support structure to assist our community's foster youth in making the transition from Wake County's foster care program to independent young adulthood. The objective of the FBF program is to eliminate barriers that would typically derail foster youth from meeting educational and life goals. By providing financial, academic, and social support, the FBF program helps these young men and women learn the skills they need to live as independent adults and get the education needed to secure gainful and meaningful employment.
WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH FOSTERING FOOTSTEPS FOR BRIGHT FUTURES REGISTRATION:
IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL 5K, 10K, and Fun Mile race options
Fostering Footsteps finishers medal & gift included for all finishers (guaranteed if signed up by April 8th); shirts are available for sale separately
Over $4,000 in potential in-person & virtual Overall (Top 3 Male / Female), Age Group (Top 3 Male / Female), and New Course Record awards
Great rewards and prizes you can earn by referring your friends and family to sign up with you or even recruiting them to race as a "team"! * More details below
Earn points for Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series to win big end-of-year prizes! Check out the current standings: Free-for-All Race Series
If you are interested in sponsoring Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
We can't wait to see you at Fostering Footsteps!
Learn More About Fostering Bright Futures!
Refer Friends, Build a Team, and Fundraise for Prizes!
Sign up, invite friends and family to join you, and get over $150 in rewards and swag! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K (or nearest equivalent) or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive up to a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 5 more friends (10 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 5 friends (15 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 25 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they can use the special code in your registration confirmation pop-up to get a $5 discount at checkout too!
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a team!
1. First, create a team while you're signing up for the 5K (or nearest equivalent) or greater distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link so you get the credit towards the referral swag!)
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
Official Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures Playlist
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures theme!), then please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out!
Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Interactive Race Day Experience with RaceJoy
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Fostering Footsteps for Bright Futures.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive continual progress updates as you complete your goal.
Live GPS Tracking
- Remote spectators can track your progress live in a map view. You can also track others.
- Receive supportive audio cheers from remote friends & family.
Virtual Results (virtual events only)
- Enter your race-assigned bib number to automatically submit your finish data for real-time scored results.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.